Picter is a young and fast-growing startup, based in Augsburg/Munich, Germany.
Built by photography professionals, Picter is the beautiful and secure platform that connects the world of photo professionals in one space. We are building a modern web application that creates a new perspective on how people work with photography. We experiment with cutting-edge technology like blockchain to create the best tool for photo professionals.
Join our dynamic team in Augsburg, Munich and around the world to see the big picture.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for talented, passionate, and pragmatic Senior Full-Stack Developer with focus on React and Node.js to join our growing team. Your personal and professional growth is important to us, and we believe we provide the right support and company culture to help you thrive. Are you a developer with an innovative edge? Are you obsessed with quality? Are you a pragmatic thinker and a keen problem solver? Do you take pride in the code you write and the work you produce? Are you ready to play your part in the photography management revolution? If so, we need to talk.
At Picter we are changing the way photographs are managed. And we’re growing fast.
We are looking for developers to work full-time on our product (remotely).
- Help shape functional and technological decisions which will help take our apps to the next level
- Assert high product quality with regular code reviews and pair programming sessions
- Do research and develop proofs of concepts to solve complex problems
- Share your knowledge, support and encourage other developers in your team
- Be involved in the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment to metrics
- Contribute to our technical discussions and architecture. We're still a young company so you can be involved in how things are built here
- Work in an autonomous, multi-functional team of developers, designers and product owners.
- Proficient knowledge of back-end programming in Node.js
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes (Postgres)
- Experience with CI services (e.g. CircleCI) and automated testing
- Profound project experience with React and Redux
- A solid workflow with version control (Git)
- The love for quality and continuous improvements
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Fluent in written and spoken English to communicate in a business scenario as English is our primary language at Picter
- Advanced degree in computer science
- Experience with WebSockets, Hapi.js, PostgreSQL or ES6
- You talk JSON API (jsonapi.org) or GraphQL with your back end?
- Experience with serverless architecture (e.g. AWS Lambda)
- Experience with Docker
- You are familiar with Github?
- You like automated testing and TDD?
- Does the lack of Lin_tInG rules hurt you?
- Experience in small startup environments
- You like photography?
WHAT YOU GET
- Be part of a young, exciting startup with a vivid, remote team culture
- Grow with us and our challenges
- Benefit from an extensive creative freedom
- Fair salary with promotion prospects
- Good opportunities for career growth and continued learning